Once you have built a brand new site for anything, you might need to check on some general things that improve the site quality, maintainability and usability. As an example, did you place the author tag in your site (Google Rich Snippets )? Have you created a beautiful 404 page? Have you configured traffic analytical engine? You might forget some of these. Therefore, I decided to create a small checklist.
Tire One (If you forget these you might be in trouble)
- You need to choose between www subdomain and bare domain (www.malinga.me vs. malinga.me). After deciding make sure, you build the other and redirected to your favorite domain.
- Always test in all major browsers and screen resolutions
- Always have a site search
- Use readable (Human and SEO friendly) URLs
- Verify your robots.txt and have a site map
- Use security tools to assess any vulnerability (OWASP cheat sheet)