If you have tried creating a cluster though OpsCenter and failed, do not worry, seems like no one gets it in the first try. When we went through the installation process, we observed that there are issues when installing the dataStax agents though OpsCenter. In addition, we faced lot of issues while installing them. After doing it for several times I came to an agreement with myself of the easiest and working way to install agents and OpsCenter. If you are facing similar issues this article might give you some other options to tryout.
Issues we faced
- OpsCenter cannot create dataStax agents in the cluster nodes [Cluster provisioning failed: Exception: Installation stage failed]
- OpsCenter cannot connect to the agent installed in other nodes [There was a problem verifying an ssh login]
- OpsCenter cannot connect to the own node with loopback address
- OpsCenter cannot reconnect to nodes once restated the cluster
- OpsCenter cannot connect to nodes with public IPs
- DataStax agent not running on the node
- Keep getting message about an old node, which is removed, is running [OpsCenter agent is still running on an old node that was decommissioned or is part of a cluster that OpsCenter is no longer monitoring].